There is nothing that can ruin a good spring day quite as quickly as a leak can. Suddenly, rather than catching up on a good TV show or enjoying a family meal outsdoors, you will find yourself hunting for a way to resolve the leak and minimize the water damage.
We want you to know that we can help you address that bothersome leak. We can even help to catch leaks before they do any damage to your home. All you need to do is reach out for leak detection in Columbia, SC. We can provide helpful repairs from there!
The Early Signs Of a Leak In Your Home
The goal you want to have is to catch any leaks in the home before they lead to water damage or mold growth. So how can you tell if and when you have a leak in your house? Here are some of the earliest warning signs you can watch for:
- The sound of water moving when it shouldn’t be: You may notice the sound of water dripping or running under the floors or behind the walls when no water taps are in use. This may indicate a leaking pipe.
- An overactive water meter: If no one is using any of the taps or other plumbing appliances then your water meter shouldn’t show too much activity. If you notice your water meter is showing a lot of activity without a reason though you should be looking for a leak.
- Poor water pressure: ANother clear sign of trouble is a problem with your water pressure. It could be one tap or it could be a couple of them but you’ve noticed that the water pressure has gotten weaker. Don’t ignore this–reach out for expert assistance today.
Later Signs of a Leak To Check For
The reality is that a lot of leaks are going to go unnoticed for a long while. It happens to the best of us. These are some of the warning signs you may notice if you have a leak that hasn’t been found for a little too long.
- Water spots: Water has been dripping or spraying an area long enough that it left a mark on the wall, floor, or ceiling.
- Peeling paint or warped floorboards: If a leak has been going on a while and started to damage parts of your home you may see paint peeling off of a damaged area. You may also notice wood or vinyl floorboards becoming warped.
- Mold or mildew growth: When water has been soaking or sitting in an area for long enough it may help to create an environment that supports mold or mildew growth which is bad news.
- Puddles: Fairly, obvious we know but if there is puddling around walls or under cabinets sit is a clear indication that you have a leak.
Why Get Leak Detection and Repair
We don’t encourage anyone to try to handle leaks themselves. For starts, they can be hard to find. What’s more, they can be hard to fix if you don’t have the right experience or tools. That is why getting a professional plumber to help you out is your best option.
Contact Fulmer Heating & Cooling for your leak detection and repair needs.