You need a good thermostat to use your air conditioner properly. If the thermostat in your home isn’t working properly, it can and will affect your ability to keep your home comfortable. This is because it can ruin the effectiveness and efficiency of your air conditioner, no matter what type of AC unit you have.
If you’re been noticing that you’re encountering trouble with your air conditioning in Irmo, SC, the problem may be originating from your thermostat. There are some situations when it is possible to repair your thermostat, but chances are that you might need to replace this system. Let us help walk you through it.
How to Tell Your Thermostat Is Causing Trouble
Is your thermostat creating issues for your HVAC system? Here are some warning signs that it is:
- Shortened or nonstop cooling cycles: If your thermostat is causing trouble, it can lead to strange behavior from your AC. On one hand, you may notice that your system shuts off before completing its cooling cycle. On the other hand, the system could be running nonstop. This is because your thermostat is misreading the indoor temperature.
- A delay in response: When you turn on your thermostat, it should respond immediately. Are you noticing that your system is taking a longer time to respond or not responding at all? This is a problem!
- Reset temperatures: You set the thermostat at 76° only to discover after about ten minutes that it resets itself to 70°. That isn’t right! When your thermostat starts to do this it means that it is starting to fail.
If you are picking up on problems like these, it may mean that you are due to upgrade your thermostat.
The Benefits of an Upgrade
If you are thinking of upgrading your thermostat, you may be wondering whether it is really worth it. We know that it is! To help you, though, we will tell you about some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when you choose to install a new thermostat.
- Improved energy efficiency: A new thermostat will help your HVAC system uses less energy, allowing it to improve its energy efficiency.
- Better temperature control: New thermostats will make it easier to control the temperature in your home.
- Better temperature readings: An upgraded system will be better able to read the temperature in the home accurately, allowing for more accurate adjustments.
- Remote controlability: Ever wished you could get the home cool before you returned from work? You can with a smart or wireless thermostat because they can be controled remotely.
Your Options for a New Thermostat
If you are looking to upgrade your thermostat, then it is a great idea to go for a smart thermostat or a Wi-fi thermostat. These systems help you improve your home comfort. They also come with additional perks such as the ability to adjust the temperature from your phone.
Discover more about your options for a new thermostat today!
Contact Fulmer Heating & Cooling to upgrade your thermostat. Proudly serving the Columbia area since 1985.