Maybe you have noticed that your air conditioner isn’t operating as well as it usually does. Or maybe it is still cooling your home but you can hear how hard it is trying. In either case, you should listen to what your air conditioner is saying so you can schedule an air conditioning repair in Lexington, SC when your system needs it.
When something is wrong with your AC system, reach out to a professional team for the repairs that you need. Fulmer Heating & Cooling can be that team. Just be aware of the noises that your AC is making and contact us when something sounds off.
5 Sounds You Don’t Want to Hear From Your Air Conditioner
Modern air conditioners are able to run pretty quietly. With that said, you will want to keep your ears open for any strange noises coming from your system the same way you stay on the alert for other warning signs such as low airflow. Often these sounds can be an early warning sign that alerts you to a problem before it starts to affect your comfort so be on the lookout for:
- Rattling: The sound of rattling coming from your air conditioner isn’t a good one. If you are lucky, this noise is being caused by a screw or other part that is loose and simply needs to be tightened. On the other hand, however, this sound may also be caused by a part that has already come free and is bouncing around in your system and is likely to create a lot more damage if not addressed soon.
- Screeching/Screaming: Yikes! These sounds aren’t good for your AC or your eardrums. A screeching or screaming noise from your air conditioner can indicate a problem with a blower motor fan or a fan blade that is coming loose and scraping inside its housing.
- Hissing: A hissing noise can be hard to pick up from your AC system, but if you notice it you should know it isn’t normal. A hissing sound may be caused by air forcing its way through a clogged air filter or by a refrigerant leak.
- Clicking: Clicking can be a normal noise to hear from your cooling system at the end of the cycle. However, if your system is clicking throughout the cooling cycle, there may be a problem that needs to be addressed by a professional.
- Silence: We all love an air conditioner that runs quietly, but no one should be okay with a system that makes no noise at all. A silent AC is one that isn’t working well or may not be working at all.
Reliable Air Conditioning Repairs You Can Trust
If your air conditioner is making any of the noises we’ve listed above, you shouldn’t ignore them. These are a reason to reach out for professional repairs that fix the issue. Thankfully, our team can provide those repairs to address any concerning sounds or other problems that you have noticed your system is struggling with.
Fulmer Heating & Cooling is your go-to resource for all your air conditioner services including repairs and more. Our staff members are highly trained and experienced so that they can provide the work that you need.
Contact us today to schedule your AC repairs.