Columbia, SC Air Conditioning Replacement & Installation
Are you moving into a new home or swapping out your old air conditioner? Under either circumstance, we understand that you need the best unit and services available to help cool you off in our hot South Carolina heat. We have long, hot summers here accentuated by excess humidity, so using a mediocre system isn’t an option. Even the best unit on the market is either made or broken by your air conditioning services, so make sure you hire the best technicians possible for your home.
We’re a fully NATE, EPA, and EnergyStar certified team that prides ourselves on our high customer satisfaction rates. We understand what it takes to keep you comfortable. We’ve spent the past 30 years perfecting our craft in the Columbia, SC area. Contact us today to request an estimate.
If you’re looking for great AC installation in the Columbia, SC area then contact Fulmer Heating & Cooling today to schedule an appointment.
Finding the Right System for Your Needs
Looking for a new system for your home is often overwhelming because there are so many systems to choose from. We offer central AC installation, ductless AC installation, and heat pump installation services. If you’re still deciding what system you want in your space, we’ve broken down the benefits of each system below.
- Central AC: When you think of "air conditioning" you’re probably thinking of central air conditioning. Central air conditioning is split system. It includes an outdoor unit, an indoor unit, and a ductwork system to distribute cooled air throughout your home.
- Ductless AC: A ductless AC system is a heat pump system that is free of ductwork. This system uses independent air handlers—each with their own thermostat—mounted within rooms throughout your home. If you need flexible air conditioning methods, then ductless AC installation is the way to go. They’re convenient, effective, and efficient.
- Heat Pumps: Heat pumps are like air conditioners, but the difference is that they offer both heating and cooling from the same unit. Heat pumps are great for residents here in Columbia, SC because we have mild climate conditions. Heat pumps are also eco-friendly because they don’t generate heat in the same way that a classic AC system does, they simply move heat. They bring cool air from outside to indoors during the warmer months.
Why Schedule Professional Installation?
We know that it’s easy to try to DIY with resources from the internet, but installing these things well is a different story. It’s still always best to hire a professional for your AC installation. When you schedule air conditioning services with Fulmer Heating & Cooling you’ll know you’ve had the best quality services possible. Our team members are conscientious and friendly—they’ll walk you through the process.
AC installation is more than just putting the unit in your home. Whether you need ductless AC installation, heat pump installation, or central AC installation, you need a professional to assess the needs of your home, choose the right brand and model for these needs, and size this system so that the air conditioning services you have are effective. This is the only way to ensure that you’ll stay cool through our hot Columbia, SC summers.
When to Consider an Air Conditioning Replacement
Nothing would make us happier than to tell you that there is a new air conditioner on the market that is not only affordable and effective, but that will also last forever. Unfortunately, such systems don’t exist in our reality. You’ll need to replace your air conditioner in Columbia, SC, eventually.
But how do you know when that time has come? There are a few different factors to consider. Keep the following in mind, and remember to leave your air conditioning replacement to the professionals on our team. We’ll make sure that your new system is put in place properly.
- How old is your system? Age isn’t everything, but there is only so much that you should be willing to invest in a very old air conditioning system.
- How effective is your system? There is no good reason for putting up with a subpar home cooling performance.
- How reliable is your system? If you’re scheduling AC repairs regularly, then it may make more sense financially to replace your system.
- How efficient is your system? Even if it’s working properly, you may just have an AC that wasn’t designed with peak efficiency levels in mind. Replacing it with a newer, more efficient model can save you money in the long run.
If you have any questions or want to explore your AC replacement options, give a member of the Fulmer Heating & Cooling team a call today!